How To Make An Appointment
Please call the clinic during opening hours to make an appointment.
If your referring provider sent us a referral, we will not contact you unless the referral letter specifically requests us to.
You can expect to be offered an appointment in approximately 12 weeks. We can place you on a waiting list for an earlier appointment if there is a cancellation, however cancellations often occur with minimal notice.
For urgent eye conditions, your referring practitioner’s correspondence must state the specifics of your condition and be marked urgent. Doctor Black will triage your referral, and an appointment will be allocated according to the information supplied.
Please be aware we don’t contact patients for appointments unless the referral specifically requests this or was triaged as urgent.
Preparing for your Appointment
You will need to organise a driver to take you home after your appointment as your pupils will be dilated. Dilation of your pupils compromises your vision making you unfit to drive a vehicle for several hours following the appointment.
On the day of your appointment please bring with you:
- Your current spectacles
- A list of your current medications
- A list of your allergies
- Your referral letter unless it has already been lodged with the clinic
- It’s also advisable to bring your sunglasses and perhaps a hat, as your eyes will be sensitive to light following dilation.
About Your Appointment
When you visit our practice at Sunshine Eye Clinic, you can expect:
- Prompt friendly attention and a minimal wait
- A commitment to delivering quality care, with compassion and professionalism
- A comprehensive eye consultation in which your specific concerns are explored
- Examination with state-of-the-art diagnostic equipment
- Guidance in regards to disease management and/or prevention
On average, you can expect to be at the clinic for an hour on the day of your appointment. If you’re a contact lens wearer, please advise the receptionist when making your appointment.
If you are attending for an assessment regarding a potential surgical procedure, please bring along your diary so you can book your procedure following your consultation with Dr Black.
We will provide you with information prior to your appointment about potential tests and associated costs. Our preferred method of communication is email however, if you do not have an email address we are happy to post you the information.
If you provide us with your mobile number, we will send you text message in the 24 hours prior to your appointment as a final reminder to confirm your appointment with us.